Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ah, the bleak winter is upon us...

A perfect time to write. 

I finished the second half of the book by my November deadline and talked to Shannon, my editor.  She suggested I do the re-writes before she read it again (she's busy), so off I went.  However, as is usual with me, I got bogged down.  I compare my writing to building a house.  First I build the framing, then I go back and add the wires and insulation and drywall and... --you get the idea-- as I do the rewrites. 

Well, I found it quite hard to add details to the second half since the first half hasn't been re-written, so back to the beginning I went and that's where I'm at now.  It is going well and meshes well with the ending.  But I need to hurry up and finish this book!  The world needs to read about Junya.  I can't wait to introduce you.   

I'll keep you posted.    

No comments:

Post a Comment